GT Blackline. - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Silver Member
County: Down

Member car:

Re: GT Blackline.

On the head unit, there is an 'phone' option in the Menu, which I believe sets the default phone volume,
Try that, mine was set to 'zero' when new so that could be your problem.

Enjoy your new GT
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member

i had dension fitted to my gt (not blackline, but it is black) - and apart from it trashing my head unit! - i thought the UI was complete pants - very unimpressed with it
got a 2nd hand pod and all for it
AO Member

Could you tell me which dealer and also any news on your system. I get my blackline on 1st Sept and have asked the dealer to get me a bluetooth kit. I currently have the Ipod cable and drawer but if its a different colour and there is a USB kit as well as a bluetooth kit then I might ask him about that.

Do you have a prt number for the kit?

I picked up my Blackline yesterday and I love it. Can't stop looking at it. Great looking car inside and out and it is definitely turning heads.

I am also looking to get an ipod connector and looked at the Dension one. If anyone has one of these connected to the Bose system please let me know how good it is.

Also, does the ipod drawer replace both standard trays beneath the radio? I have a nano which looks like it should fit in the standard card tray.
AO Member

Member car:

159ti 1.9JTD

I had the Denison connected to my 156 that was fitted with Bose, it worked fine. The Ipod tray replaces both trays and actually looks a bit better than the two separate trays IMO.

AO Member

Originally Posted by Shadowfane View Post
Hi All,

Just joined the club! Got my Alfa GT Blackline on Sat just gone - what a fantastic car! This is my first Alfa and so far I'm really pleased; it looks the buisness and is a beautiful drive.

I do have a few niggles though:

- The Blackline inset in the little crud-trough (I call it this as I'm not sure what other purpose it serves other than to collect crud and be difficult to clean) between the driver and passenger seats was all scratched and bent. The dealer is ordering me a new one.
- One of the rear seat-belts is fitted twisted. I discovered this when trying to fit my son's car seat (I know, I shouldn't be putting children in a car like this, but he wanted to have a go in Daddy's 'cool car'). I'm assuming a dealer will be able to fix this.

- I also got the Blaupunkt bluetooth / usb interface fitted by the dealer. I was sold this as a bluetooth/ipod interface, but the only way I could get my ipod connected was by using the Apple ipod cable with usb connector. Is that normal? I also tried a USB stick (formatted as FAT32 with non-protected MP3 files). Doesn't work. Very disappointing. I'm waiting to hear back from Alfa technical support, but haven't been impressed so far.

The bluetooth works fine, but when it connects to the phone, whilst the radio does cut out, the phone is then at very low (i.e. inaudbile) volume. You have to very quickly crank the vol up before the person you are ringing answers! Does anyone know how to set the default answer/call volume higher?

As the whole kit and caboodle cost 300 for parts and fitting, I'm currently feeling like I got sold a turkey

Car's great though!

Anyway, if anyone can help me with these couple of points, I'd be mighty grateful.

I've had my Blackline a bit longer than you've had yours and I agree with your description. I'm still smiling.

My third party iPod/USb lead has been fitted for three weeks now and has already fallen into disuse. All that trickery with changing disc numbers to get at different functions just to fool the head unit and still communicate with the device itself is hard work. Then bear in mind that the head unit displays little information at a time even if you slot an MP3 disk straight in, then consider how many directories you have on a fairly full 60 gb hard drive. It's impossible to navigate quickly to a desired album. At least they are flattened in alphabetic order so you can do some sort of binary chop, but you'll run into the end of the road whilst you are distracting yourself.

You can do a bit better with an iPod which at least has its own display, but that means keeping it visible somewhere, which defeats the point of hiding everything in the glovebox.

We're back to CDs again now, which are easier to navigate if untidier. What a pity "crud-trough" isn't deep enough to hold them!

AO Member

On delivery I had a Harman / Kardon plug and play fitted. This has a small screen mounted on the dash and a control wheel on the centre consul. The wheel pretty much mirrors the IPOD controls and the screen is much like the IPOD display. The IPOD resides in the glove box. It has a FM transmitter ( not perfect ) and was the best I could seem tofind at the time. I would give it 7/10.

Had the car 16 weeks now and still love it to bits!

Member car:

GT Blackline

Hi Ive had my Blackline for about 9 weeks, and after a couple of small cosmetic issues, which were sorted by the dealer all is ok. i have a dealer fitted ipod connection put in the glovebox as I need the draws for my car park pass. it works very well and you control the ipod from the controls on the steering wheel. The ipod sits in the glove box which as you probably discovered isnt big enough for anything else anyway. very pleased with the car and as you said it does turn heads. see your dealer for the ipod thing or contact SGT in maidenhead who fitted mine and did an excellent job, i think the cost is around £180.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT