147 Front Valance scraping...suggestions? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 12-06-07 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: -
147 Front Valance scraping...suggestions?

Hi I have a 7mth old 147 and I have noticed that the scraping sound at the front is infact the underside of the front valance/bumper assembly. I thought it was just the tray touching the bitumen on the street at my mothers place when I leave her driveway. But no it has scraped the paint off the underside down to the plastic.

The road has a large radius and the driveway has a slope (I wouldn't call it servere) so at the point tyres are in the gutter the front scraps.

If I posted pics you wouldn't believe how much it has worn away the paint. It is shocking

I intend to sand back with wet & dry and repaint. That's ok, but is there an aftermarket fix...like aluminium/steel facing or tough rubber profile that exists? I mentioned the age of the car so it isn't sagging springs and the car is standard (no suspension changes). I guess I'd like a type of sump guard but for my front valance so I can still drive in and pick up my elderly mum especially now it is winter.

I'd give my right finger for an Alfa Romeo Giulietta with huge red Brembo calipers...well I did!!! Now I can say I BLEED FOR MY ALFA!

See my pics here; http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/motor...ml#post7196153

Last edited by CuoreAlfa; 19-03-09 at 00:15.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , front , scrapingsuggestions , valance