FK Coilovers, Any good for a 156 V6? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 7 Old 10-06-07 Thread Starter

Member car:

156 2.5 V6

FK Coilovers, Any good for a 156 V6?

Hello, This my first post on this forum....

I'm in need of a new set of shocks so I've been looking at the coilover route. I've found a really cheap set on ebay but not sure I'll touch those cos thay are cheap and look cheap and I've never heard of 'sportline'!
But I've found a cheapsih set online for around 450-500 made by FK of germany, Has anybody had any experiance of this setup? Good Bad? Or should I just go for a shock/spring setup rather than coilovers?

Cheers, any help will be very handy on this matter as this is the first car I've played with suspension wise.....

Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
Re: FK Coilovers, Any good for a 156 V6?

Personally, I'd rather go for a good quality shock / spring setup than a lower quality coilover, especially if you don't know how to adjust the coilovers to get the best out of them. I've got a set of coilovers on my car, they are really too hard for everyday use and poorly suited to UK roads, once I've saved a little I'll be going to H&R springs and Bilstein dampers with setting close to factory!
AO Member

Go for the FK, they were developed for road use. On the Nurburgring north loop in fact. My V6 has them and they have changed the car day and night. If you dont wanna get in to the tech side of rebound and compression get the height adjustable ones only.

There are a few dampers around that are much better but for there price FK are really good.
AO Member

Member car:

I've Not had FKs on an Alfa, but I had FK Highsports on a VW. They were wound down -100ml. The ride was VERY firm but the overall quality was great. I would buy them again.

If you can afford to spend more, maybe consider going for Coilies with shock dampening adjustment too?

edit - Maybe it was more like -80/90 come to think of it...
AO Member
County: Swansea

Although not as recogniseable as Koni or Bilstein, FK are an excellent choice for aftermarket suspension. Many people in the VW modding community swear by them. And they will be much, much better than the standard stuff thats on your Alfa.
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 156 V6

I've got them on a V6 and yes, they are a whole load better than standard sportpack springs/shocks
AO Member

Member car:

When ordering things like Fk, bilstein named brands etc etc, dont you get the option of choising the spring poundage?
I see posts saying too hard etc but surely thats the springs not the dampers as most dampers are now adjustable??

sorry for highjacking thread but I am also looking at getting some new suspension Units for my car and maybe looking at something cheaper the leda

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , coilovers , good