Why can't i sell my car?? - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Re: Why can't i sell my car??

Sorry about the V6 reference..my brains going soft..re-read your post a bit more slowly and its 2.5 weeks you've had it up for sale..somehow (don't ask me how) I must have made that into 2.5 litres

I'l take one of my happy pills and calm down a bit.

Condition and service history will sell it if anything does. High miles does hurt a bit, but shouldn't if well maintained and running OK

Good luck

P.S. The most depressing day was when my wife answered the door to a gentleman from the Emerald Isle who offered to take my 164 24valve away for scrap (taxed..new MOT and going great guns incidentally). Even Mrs A was outraged by his audacity, and advised the gentleman that whilst peace had evidently broken out in Northern Ireland, that if I heard his comments there would almost certainly be another murder. He diplomatically removed himself from our driveway..tout de suite.

Last edited by AlfaLincs; 11-06-07 at 16:44.
Sponsored Links
(Post Link) post #27 of 27 Old 18-06-07 Thread Starter
AO Member
Re: Why can't i sell my car??

After 3.5 weeks of autotrader on-line, i finally got a phone call and have sold the car for 2.9K.
Many thanks to all who took the time to look at my post and the suggestions therein.
It just goes to show you need patience. The car is in great condition and i am a good car cleaner so it looked the bees kness yesterday.
If only as many people wanted Alfas as want VW's - we were inundated with calls for my wifes Passat that we sold a couple of months back, could have sold it five times over in the first few days! Sad isn't it!

I should explain that i will miss my 156 greatly. The most reliable car i have ever owned and also the one that has given me the most pride of ownership. It still looks so gorgeous!

I will be replacing it with an MX5, a car i owned before. If any of you have ever owned a roadster before, you will know just how different an ownership and driving experience these type of cars provide and whilst i have the chance to rekindle an old affair i am taking it.

However, rest assured i am certain to be an alfaowner again one day and will keep my eye on this excellent site.

Warmest wishes to you all, keep the fire burning....ciao, Richard

Nice people drive Alfa's

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

car , sell