Confused - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 17-01-15 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: -

Member car:

156 JTS

I've had my 156 facelift for nearly a month now and still can't work out how to operate the climate control...why are there 2 different temperatures and what do they both represent? And why does it suddenly turn everything onto 'HI' for no apparent reason without me touching it? The 'mono' button comes on when this happens what does mono mean?

How do I work my trip computer? All I get when I press 'info' is a screen asking if I want to set a speed limit thingy and nothing else...all I want is to be able to see my fual range. I managed to get it on the screen once while driving but I have no idea how I did it

My previous car was a 1.2 fiesta and that was the first car I ever owned with electric windows...all this new technology is baffling me!
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Devon
Two temps are for the two climate control zones.... You can select different temps for driver/passenger.

Mono-zone is when both temps are locked together and controlled by drivers side dial.

"Hi" mode is engaged when you hit the screen demister button.. It just fires as much heat up the windscreen as possible. It also flicks into high if you turn the temp right up. If its doing it with no input you could have a fault somewhere!

Try the button on the end of the windscreen wiper stalk to interact with the dash display. Press and hold to reset stored values.

Last edited by _The_Editor_; 17-01-15 at 13:55.
(Post Link) post #3 of 4 Old 17-01-15 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: -

Member car:

156 JTS

Ok that makes sense. I just tried turning the drivers side dial and it won't go up or down...I guess something is broken. I have managed to adjust it before but it would only work sometimes.
The passenger side dial works fine it's just the driver's side.
Where do I start with fixing this??

Also, what does the button on the front of each dial with 'A' on do?
AO Platinum Member
This should help:
Read This

More from: Here

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT