GT one year of ownership - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 16-01-15 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Durham
GT one year of ownership

Bought my GT 1.9JTDm 06 plate 12 months ago - wasn't really looking for one but something happened and on impulse - a test drive and bang bought it.
Had a petrol 1.8 MGZT for 4 years before this and 3 company L200 Warriors before that.

though I would share my experience

car was in very good condition overall with 64k on the clock (verified) - service history was pretty good about 85% - blip on the last owner (but it was a time thing than mileage)

Had receipts from main dealer for all services plus and a clutch change at 52k, timing belt at same time (no pump) and plenty of bits and bobs - discs etc

Came with a 12 month MOT and oil and filter change.

I`ve done 10k miles in the 12 months. - work everyday (150/week), plenty of weekends away around the country, 10 days in mid france - so a good range of driving (I live in north east)

so here we go ..........

I decided to have a pump and belt done after buying it which was done before 66k - I saw the pump that was removed it was showing signs of wear.

its had front tyres at 67k and back just at 73k

this month it had an MOT and a major services (oil, all filters, brake check, lube pivot points etc)
Had the drop rods changed on both sides and front pads.

and that's it - I`m just coming up 74k

Its been an absolute pleasure - I love everything about the drive, the looks, the fuel economy and the compliments it gets including the colour (nuvola blue - !)

If anyone asked my should they buy one....... without a doubt !

Looking to another good year of motoring and with a view to a good 159 next

Last edited by gaz_powell; 16-01-15 at 18:41.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Lincolnshire
That's good to hear, its satisfying to hear these good news stories about Alfas.
Similar with mine, owned for 10 months, door hinge pin snapped, 2 new bulbs and that's the lot.
Now spread the word to the doubters !
AO Member
County: Essex

Member car:

GT Cloverleaf SE

Nice to hear you are having a good time with your GT. I have had no trouble with mine.
(Post Link) post #4 of 4 Old 16-01-15 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Durham
I think I`ve enjoyed it all the more as when I bought it loads of people at work shaking their head and ooohh alfas unreliable !!!!

I like to be a bit different and if you ask why was your alfa unreliable ....... the answer is they`ve never had one !!!

forgot to mention the GT also compliments the other inhabitants of my garage ..... a 1978 Mk 1 Fiat X1/9 and 2 Lambretta GP`s - all from the Bertone stable - Bella Bella !

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

ownership , year