problem with brakes! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 25-05-07 Thread Starter

Member car:

alfa 147

problem with brakes!

hi can anyone help me i have had my alfa around 2months now and i have a problem with the brakes. when i press them to slow down if i press them firm they sometime feel like they are slipping and grinding. sometimes the pedal feels spongy as if the brakes arent going to stop me. thought the pads must have been wearing so went to a garage got them chedcked and the pads are fine. any ideas what it might be why the brakes feel inadequate and slip and grind?? anyone had this problem?? any suggestion on how to correct it?? cheers
Sponsored Links
AO Member

Member car:

156 JTS Veloce

Re: problem with brakes!

grinding noise could mean the pads need deglazing. Do the discs look worn? If not, and the pads are fine and fitted correctly then the only other thing is to check the brake fluid - might be a leak somewhere. Take it to another garage for second opinion.
AO Member
Re: problem with brakes!

if the brake pads have been checked im guessing they have also checked the discs, that leaves the cylinders and the lines, chances are that there is a leak in some of the connections along the break lines or maybe a small crack that can be hard to spot. check the lines from the caliper as far as you can and see if you can see any evidence of leaks, check brake fluid level too. hopefully the problem will be in an area that it easy to get at to repair and identify rather than hidden away inside a panel! good luck and take er easy!

2.0 TS, custom hand stitched leather and alacantra interior, custom SS system, H+R suspension upgrade

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

brakes , problem