Alfa 147 1.9 JTDM uprated clutch - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
County: -
many thanks for the explanation. No I get it why it slips between 2000 and 2400.

re. DMF
you mention that it can be inspected once it is out. Am I correct in saying that with DMF can be 2 problems then:
1. it can be warped (so if I leave it that way in the car, even after the new clutch goes in I may still experience slips as the new clutch will not catch with its whole surface the warped DMF) which technically can be restored by re-skimming/making it straight
2. it can 'have play' which basically renders it useless as OEM springs are not available and it is very hard to use springs which are third party ones - this would enforce the need to change DMF to a new one all together
Is that all correct or would you add something please?

Also, I heard that SMFs are cool and everything but because they are SMFs they put a strain on the engine then so not a good solution when car is used regularly/daily. SMFs are good when car is used occasionally. Is that true?

Sponsored Links

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , alfa , clutch , jtdm , uprated