Sub 2.5k Power loss SOLVED - MAF question. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 04-01-15 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Dorset

Member car:

2005 GT JTD

Sub 2.5k Power loss SOLVED - MAF question.

OK, after renewing the VNT pipe (only a couple of ) cleaning MAP sensor and EGR sensor, I squeezed my hand under the battery tray and popped off the connector on the MAF...took it for a test drive accelerates from 1500rpm ish upwards and is better across the whole rev range! The car is transformed.

So.... question is, has anyone had any luck cleaning a MAF. Everyone says give it a go but has it ever worked? I havent had a look at mine yet so dont know how dirty it is. It might have just completely failed.

The maf to intake boot is also splitting at its bend as well so I need to replace that too. (I have duck taped it but its not a solution). I take it that this splitting wouldnt have been enough to give such a dramatic drop in power and that disconnecting is now balancing this out?

Need an Alfa! Cheap, cheap! Pref something older that needs a little work!
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
County: Hampshire
I would replace the split pipe first as disconnecting the maf makes the ecu run on default, then if no change try cleaning it because if the new pipe hasn't solved it the maf will be knackered and cleaning it is a last resort before replacement
AO Member
County: Wiltshire

Member car:

GT 1.9 JTD (CF3)

I had my MAF disconnected on my old 156 and it went great after similar problems, took it to my local indie and he said straight away, split top turbo pipe, which was replaced, MAF reconnected and hey presto, all perfect. Check all pipes.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

25k , loss , maf , power , question , solved