Gt seat release - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 04-01-15 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Essex
Gt seat release

Help Please, the seat release to allow seat to be tilted forward cable has failed. I have purchased a new lever with cable attached on eBay and awaiting it's delivery. Is this a simple task or a pain in the Butt to fit??? has anybody had to do this???? thanks PWD
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Greater London

Member car:

GT Cloverleaf

not to difficult but a lot easier out of the car. Took mew about 1-2 hours. there are a few good guides on here some make it more difficult than it needs to be the shortened version works fine without undoing the staples from the back of the seat. Seat comes out really easily.
AO Silver Member
County: Dorset
May sound really strange, but when this happened to me I took the brass section from a 'chocolate block' electrical connector and put the broken cables into each end, screwed it up tight and so far is doing fine as a temporary fix. !!!!!
AO Member
County: Glasgow

Member car:

It looks tricky but its really quite straight forward ( says I after following the guides on here )
Definitely remove the seat, its easy and makes the job a lot easier.
I did both of mine a couple of months back, 1st one took me over an hour, 2nd one about half that.
The guide on here was great but as above some stages can be omitted, I didn't remove any upholstery staples, I taped the new cable to the old and used it as a draw wire.
Remember to use some grease on the mechanisms once you've got access to them.
Another good tip I got on the forum was to push the seat back ever so slightly when pulling the handle to get access in to back seats, takes the pressure off the mechanism and handle.
I take it it's definitely the cable that's snapped and not the handle itself, if the cable still has the nipple on it then I think you can just replace the handle part in situ
AO Member
County: South Yorkshire

Member car:

GT 2.0 JTS

Have you seen this thread?

Before removing the seat check it out by peeling back the cover. Mine turned out to be an easy (and free) fix. The end of the outer cable that attaches to a clip on the seat frame had broken away - it was a simple matter to shape a bit of plastic to replace it and hold the cable in place. is offline  

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

release , seat