147 Sidelight Bulb - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Gold Member
County: South Africa

Member car:

V6 Sportswagon

Re: 147 Sidelight Bulb

The plastic bit behind the head light has 2 holes, put two fingers , one from each side in behind the holes. Youl feel a white plastic thingy stiking out. Pull on it and it should just slide out.

I fixed mine by cleaning the connection, then taking a pair of pliers and just lightly crimping the holder (remove bulb) just so the bulb fits more snug and no more warnings.

The Fog light was removed and was more tricky. Had to bend the little metal connections a bit, if you bend it to much the bulb cant go in.

Same for the numberplate light.

When live gives you a lemon...........
grab the Tequila and salt
Sponsored Links

I'm about to tackle the dreaded sidelight bulb, I'll let you know how I get on...

As for an apparent ghost in the machine, I had all sorts of warnings about lights a while back, telling me my indicators/sidelights/brake lights kept failing. Checked all connections (and all bulbs...) and in the end took it to a garage, where they reset the main CPU. No damage, no new bulbs, and it took them all of about 3 minutes, so they didn't even charge me. Perfect ever since.
AO Member
County: Cheshire

I need to change my driver side fog light bulb soon, can anyone confirm that it's the H1 bulb?

Also, I earlier today changed the dipped headlight bulb (H7), is the fog light compartment just the same once I have twisted the back off instead of the plastic clip, that once I've twisted the back off, there's the usual hook keeping the bulb in place along with the electric connector?

As the manual says I need to remove the trim... why I don't really want to do... nor would know how to.
AO Member

H1 it is. About 8 in halfords. Only difference is the clip holding the bulb clips up the way, so you cant see what you are doing and need to do it by touch and check it is in properly with a mirror. Check carefully which way up the old bulb is fitted before you remove it. ( with the mirror) I found there was nothing wrong with my bulb, just a dodgy connection.
AO Member
County: Cheshire

Aha, thanks.

It sounds as if it can be undone then without the trim taken off, I've been using my phones camera, and then looking through the phones screen, gives great clarity.

Tesco's sell a bulb kit for about 3.50, they do a H7 kit which is where I got the side light from, and will get the H1 kit tomorrow, about the same price, includes about 4 other bulbs inside the kit too.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , bulb , sidelight