Changing Seats & Door Cards - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 05-05-07 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: -

Member car:

156 2.5 v6

Changing Seats & Door Cards

Hi all,

I've just collected my Momo leather seats, door cards and pillar covers. I've no problems with fitting the rear seats I'd just like some advice on removal of the front seats. Also the procedure of removing the door cards and pillar covers. I'd hate to damage any of them by doing it wrong. I've used the search feature and can't find any tips.

All help greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Cambridgeshire
Re: Changing Seats & Door Cards

A free bump for you as I'll be needing to know this soon!

One thing i can tell you though, if it has side airbags make sure the battery is removed and you give it half hour or so to discharge before touching anything. Apparently this allows time for the electronics to discharge and leaves the airbag systems in a powerless state so they can be messed/disconnected etc etc with!

At a guess id say bolts will need removing from thefront and rear of the seat runners, then tilt the seats and disconnect the wiring which should be under where the seat sits...then move it out and replace in reverse of removal.

The doors ive no idea mate.
AO Silver Member
155 Lounge Winner 09
County: Victoria

Member car:

GT . 155 . 75

seats are pretty much as you described:
*2x 6mm allen-key bolts at front, 2x at rear, of the rails; slide the seat all the way backwards/forwards for easier access
*remove seatbelt anchorage from seat: flip off the plastic side cover to expose the bolt; 15mm(?) bolt to unscrew; take note of 'order' of the washers/bushing; remove small phillips screw that holds down seatbelt trimpiece just above this area, then unclip this trimpiece
*unclip any electric plugs where applicable
*usually easiest to remove seat if seatback is 'folded' all the way forwards
*as a tip, as you remove the seat from the car, stand with it facing towards the front door trim; that is, keep the seat - in particular the seatrails - well away from the paintwork on the back door! you don't want the rails to scratch the paint

door trims:
*'wind' windows all the way down
*remove trimpiece 'surrounding' the chrome inside-door-release handle: use very small flat head screwdriver to flip off small black plastic cover that hides the retaining screw; jiggle the trimpiece forwards a bit to help unclip it
*remove black triangular 'sail panel' inside the side mirrors: clipped into place (clip up towards top), pull from top corner; has retaining tabs along bottom edge
*remove grab handle/switch housing: remove rubber base to expose 2x 5mm(?) allen key bolts; unclip grab handle after bolts removed by simply pulling up; unplug electrical plugs, noting their position and orientation
*after grab handle removed, you will see (to remove) 2x addition bolts (might be allen key bolts, or might be nuts) that hold the metal bracket on the door trim to the door
*remove screws holding front door speakers: unclip the speakergrill; from memory, the screws holding the speakers also hold the bottom corner of the trim to the door; so remove all relevant screws
*now the trim is held in place only by clips: pull firmly on the trim around the edge and 'pop' it out of the clips; from memory, 2 along front edge, 3 along bottom edge, and another 2 along back edge
*once unclipped, only the top edge is held in place: top edge is 'hooked' over window ledge; swing the bottom edge away from the door slightly and lift the entire trim off the top ledge; note: door 'button' does not need to be removed

i think that's about it. once you've done one side, you'll find the other a cinch. most of it's pretty robust, so you're unlikely to break anything. tabs at the bottom of the sail panels are probably the weakest bits; i think i broke one, but it still holds in place without the tab.

GT . 3.2 . Q2 . Kyalami Black - Red . Eibach . KONI . ASSO . ATP 19" . TAROX . FERODO . Mille Miglia exhaust
155 . 2.0 8V TS . Grigio Grey - Grey . H&R coilover . Enkei 17" . TAROX . GOODRIDGE . REMUS
75 . 3.0 . Alfa Red - Grey

Last edited by shiny_car; 06-05-07 at 17:20.
AO Silver Member

I'm interested in this too ,as I fancy fitting some racing seats. You are a God Shiny.
(Post Link) post #5 of 5 Old 06-05-07 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

156 2.5 v6

New seats in front and back and looking good. Now I have a problem with the drivers door card.......

See my new thread "Wrong Door Card"

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

cards , changing , door , seats