How to remove plastic panels near rear seat of 156? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
How to remove plastic panels near rear seat of 156?

Hi Everyone,

I have a great used 156 sedan, only problem is the previous owner was a dog-lover and it's got a LOT of dog hair! I removed the rear seat the other day and found almost a whole dog's worth of hair under there!

There are some black plastic panels (with a silver strip and "Alfa Romeo" on them) which house speaker wiring etc, and I know they can be removed. However I don't want to break them...

Can anyone advise me on how to take these panels out safely, without breaking the clips off?

(This is so I can get the dog fur out from under those panels too!!)

Agh, dogs and Alfas, bad combination! (Although I love both, just as long as they are kept separate!!).

Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
Re: How to remove plastic panels near rear seat of 156?

I assume you are talking about the "step"?

I removed these at the weekend - new amp install. There are three plastic pins which hold in place. You need to get something flat under neath and lever out. They are tight and take a lot of force - be careful though, you must lever next to the pin or it will break. The pins that hold it in WILL break but get some strong glue ready to repair them. Not the best picture but you see the platic strip with the 2 white pins showing - thats the strip.

“We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.”
AO Silver Member
155 Lounge Winner 09
County: Victoria

Member car:

GT . 155 . 75

Re: How to remove plastic panels near rear seat of 156?

yes, a largish flat-blade screwdriver works. i think i only broke one clip, but probably removed the sill trims at least 6 times each side, front and back, during stereo installation/removal.

as explained, important to apply the leverage/force adjacent to the clip. you can tell where they are if you gently apply some pressure; if you're distanced from a clip, it will lift up slightly, and you can spot the areas where they are held down by the clips.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , panels , plastic , rear , remove , seat