Wheel Spacers for my new winter wheels - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Wheel Spacers for my new winter wheels

Well, I had the 60K service on my GT last week and thought it worth having my new winter wheels/tyres fitted - of course, the weather remains resolutely mild .

She's a Cloverleaf, shod normally with 225/40/ZR18's, currently residing in my hallway! I think I can see an '8J' written on the inside of the rims. Does this denote that they are 8" in width?

The new wheels are "DEZENT RE dark 6.50 x 16 (LK 5/98, OS 38)" (taken from the confirmation email when I ordered them). Are these 6.5" width rims?

Certainly, I have noticed that the outside edge of the wheels sits rather deeply within the wheel arch. Look a tad silly, really. Although the handling is OK (not as good as my summer wheels of course).

So, although not of great importance to me, would I benefit from some wheel spacers, merely to get the wheels looking like they should, within the arches? I'm not overly sure of stuff like 'offset' but would I be right in thinking that 1" spacers would get them looking a bit more like normal? If the difference really is 1.5", I'm not all that bothered by the extra half-inch.

Any ideas, folks?
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Hampshire
I would agree that you have 6.5" wide rims. and the 18s are 8" wide.

Without knowing the offset of the 18" you can't be sure of the difference of the outside edge.

If they have the same offset, the difference at the outside of the rim would be 0.75"

Hope that helps?
Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 2201
County: Gauteng
As long as the new rims clear the calipers, I would not fit spacers. But if you would like to keep the wide wheel look from the side - then sure, add the 0.75" spacer. Remember that you would need new bolts too, so it could end up a bit pricey...
AO Silver Member
County: Northamptonshire

i looked into spacers 4x 20mm good make about 40 quid inc delivery and about 35 quid for 20x longer bolts

i guess you can get cheaper but i wouldnt like to be over taken buy one of my own wheels
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa GT JTDm

Originally Posted by mirlock View Post

i looked into spacers 4x 20mm good make about 40 quid inc delivery and about 35 quid for 20x longer bolts

i guess you can get cheaper but i wouldnt like to be over taken buy one of my own wheels
Hi mirlock,

Iv been looking into getting some spacers for mt GT, where did u get those prices from for those spacers as the only ones iv seen for decents makes are always over 70 per set. thats including bolts tho.

Im thinking about going 20mm on the front and between 15-20mm on the back as some how the offsets seem to be different.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

spacers , wheel , wheels , winter