I want to prepare my car for winter and as I bought the car recently I'm not sure of the liquid consistancy and contamination.
As this would be the 1st time to do this, which is the simplest way to do it for a 1.9 JTD?
I'll start with how I undestand that I can do it eficiently from watching some youtube videos and reading this topic: http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/engin...ng-system.html
Please correct me if I'm doing something wrong
1) with the engine cool I drain the fluid from the lowest point(the front radiator pipe/cap-didn't check it yet if there is a cap) and leave it to drain out till droping(open top radiator cap if there is one)
2) start the engine and leave it running CAREFULLY with inside heating system turned on till the engine temperature reaches normal level(half of the temperature meter) to open the thermostat for the liquid to get out completly
3) get some heand wash detergent mixed with warm water and fill up the system with it and leave the engine running with all caps/hoses at there place) and little accelerating to help the detergent to travel in the engine(warming up the engine and heating system turned on)
4) after this leave the engine to cool, repeat step 1 and 2
5) fill up engine with water to clean the detergent like step 3, maybe 2-3 times to flush the detergent out.
6) fill up engine with the desired cooling liquid concentration, pump out the air by pumping on the top radiator hose and done.
referably to use just distiled water to avoid more contamination.
How much cooling liquid is needed to fill up a 1.9 JTD?