Alfa paint colour codes and body shop prices - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 24-04-07 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

156 - 2.4 JTDm

Alfa paint colour codes and body shop prices

Hey guys!

I've only had my 156 since January but I've already had numerous scratches and 3 dents put in my car by passers-by and the careless parking of neighbours

I'm debating whether to get them sorted by a local body shop, or whether it's just asking for more heartbreak when the next person scrapes by!

First question is on the quote - I've been quoted 500 to get the three dents (all in the same door miraculously) corrected, the door resprayed and the surrounding panels blended for colour. For the money, they will also respray the mirror housings (which are flaking) and buff the rest of the car to minimise some of the light scratches.

Is this a good price, or should I shop around more?

And finally, I looked around the engine bay, boot and doors but couldn't find the plate or sticker which tells you the colour code for my car's paint - where do Alfa hide that info (it's a 2004 model)?

Sponsored Links
Re: Alfa paint colour codes and body shop prices

always worth shopping around...but it dosen't sound too excessive..i would imagine that if you contacted a main dealer/Alfa UK and quoted the vin number they would be able to inform you what the colour was...

Certainly on the earlier cars the paint code is on a sticker on the underside of the boot lid on the right hand edge.

AO Gold Member
County: Buckinghamshire

But still be careful as even Alfa Rosso 130BB is available is several shades. And the paint sometimes changes over the years due to sunlight casuing it to fade, the material is is on (metal or plastic), etc. I think even thinks like the paint manufacturer makes difference. Most paint suppliers have colour charts that you can match too.

My bumpers and spoiler are now a different colour to the rest of the car having lightened a lot in nearly 9 years. Alfa Rosso. (They probably need a respray!).
AO Silver Member
County: Carmarthenshire

Member car:

156 2.0TS

I normally go to my local motor factors and they mix it in a spray can for about 15, and I prep & spray it myself.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

alfa , body , codes , colour , paint , prices , shop