AlfaAid Maidenhead - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 13-11-14 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Swansea
Thumbs Up AlfaAid Maidenhead

Recently lost the gear selection due to my clutch going in my alfa gt! luckily i was only 2-3 miles from the AlfaAid garage in Maidenhead. after popping quickly to the garage i was able to borrow a towing hook from them and managed to get my car to their garage with a tow from my brother. Turned out the flywheel gave up and the clutch was directly effected. I left the car with the guys for two weeks with constant contact and updates from them. After all the advice i got the flywheel, uprated clutch, slave cylinder, oil seals around the gearbox and bottom of engine done. Good news is that car drove like a new car after picking it up and the guys at AlfaAid were great and clearly passionate about alfa's and the history of alfa in particular. Bonus was that the guys also helped to fit a Steinbaur remap box . Was also advised to get my Oil cooler done asap as it was starting to ooze oil..... great advice and something i could have easily missed. Would recommend and reasonable compared to Main dealer for parts and labour combined!!!

Last edited by HarrisonGT; 13-11-14 at 19:56.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

alfaaid , maidenhead