Koni v Bilstein - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Member

Member car:

156 selespeed

Re: Koni v Bilstein

Originally Posted by Stori View Post
On smooth roads. I would agree. On many country Australian roads this is not always the case as often there are many bumps and coregations in the corner and short travel suspension has difficulty coping.......
Farken Hell, Just get off it. I drive to allot of different places including in the Australian Country from time to time and you rarely hit a road that is that bad. When you do its slow going for any non 4X4. Plus Australian country roads are some of the best driving roads in the world. I live in the western suburbs of Melbourne and some of the roads here are crap. If you drive an Alfa and would sacrifice the joy you could have just incase you hit a bumpy road once ever two years then maybe you should be on the Nissan or Jeep forum. Sorry to sound harsh but the benefits far out way the negatives on this Koni Springs issue, and your comments seem to be either uneducated or you have had a bad experience in the past with a dodgy setup.
Let me ask you this, do you think Alfa are stupid for factory lowering their cars by 30mm from standard when they install the sports pack?
Speaking about the 156, its to high as a standard and is very floaty over bumps and around corners. Even though its higher you have a greater chance of bottoming out over a speed hump due to soft slow suspension.

By the way where do you live to have such bad roads?
Sponsored Links

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

bilstein , koni