AMP Advice needed :) - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 22-04-07 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Queensland
AMP Advice needed :)

Alrighty.. My 03 Sportswagon stereo is in dire need of an upgrade.. it sounds woeful.. it's not the Bose version, i'm led to believe it's the Blaupunkt CD one.. I should really pull it out and look.. apparently NO pre outs ?? (bugger).. although i've seen a thread on creating them.

anywhoo.. i rushed out and bought 2 x sets of Infinity KAPPA65.7cs components (for the front and rear doors). I understand people often forgo the rear doors - but there will be no option of a rear sub. I'm hoping to mount the rear tweeters in the ash trays aka Golf mkiV style. I will dynamat the doors to death.

Apparently the Kappa's are 2ohm.. they have very small magnets on em (kinda dissapointed - wasn't expecting that).. i'm told their good though.. anybody (??).. I'm after sound quality here - I am partial to a bit of punchy bass now an again (jaykay rocks), hoping lashings of dynamat will help here as (again) there will be NO sub.

Questions really is WHAT AMP. Do i need to buy a 2ohm AMP .. what's best (sticking with infinity?) .. I want clear, loud, bright sounds and bass when if required.

AMP needs to be physically small or better still hidden somewhere in the back - it CAN'T be bolted to rear seats as they go down often - this is a working two children sportwagon. I'd stick it under a front seat if it was smll enough (maybe two - one for each side).

budget for the amp is upto £200.
talk to me

Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
County: Aberdeenshire

Member car:

Zender 156 V6

Re: AMP Advice needed :)

I quick question about Dynamat. I'm planning to do my front doors but unsure of the amount and best position.

I was thinking that with Dynamat on the inner door skin (between door and trim) and behind the speaker would give good results.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

advice , amp , needed