156 Front ABS Sensor failed? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 09-11-14 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Nottinghamshire

Member car:

1998 156 2.0 TS

Help 156 Front ABS Sensor failed?

Hi all. My ABS light on my '98 156 2.0TS has been on a while and MOT is looming. Can anyone give me some advice please?

The error code via MultiECUscan is "09 - Front Left Speed Sensor in OC".
I assume this means the sensor has failed (opn Circuit?) Is it likely to be anything else?

In terms of changing it, I've cleaned the back up and doused in Plusgas (a week ago) - any tips on removing the old one?

Looking at all the replacements on sale apart from genuine Alfa ones at 3 x the price, they don't seem to have the plug just inside the wheel arch - so I take it this means I have to trace the wiring back to ihe control unit? Ican't actually see where this is under the bonnet - I can see the ABS distribution unit (rear N/S of engine bay) but all that I can see in/out are the brake lines. Am I being thick or looking in the wrong place?

Finally, looking at replacements, most suppliers say 'to/from RICAMBI No. 0062419' What's this - is it the last part of chassis no? Was there a part change that early in production?

Thanks for any advice anyone can offer

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , abs , failed , front , sensor