156 2.4JTDM warning light - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 18-04-07 Thread Starter
AO Member
156 2.4JTDM warning light

I have a three year old 2.4JTDM, on 72,000 miles which I bought second hand a few weeks ago. Within days of picking it up, a warning light showed on the dash: the engine outline and the words (I think) engine sensor failure, go to dealer. The car drove OK for the most part but I took it in to the dealer a few days later when I could. After an hour, the dealer said it was just a sensor had gone off, they had cleared it and the car was fine. However, within ten miles the same thing happened.

Both times, the car was accelerating in 4th up a slight incline, probably doing between 3 and 4,000 revs. This time, I have noticed that, intermittently, the engine will not rev over 4,000 revs in 3rd and 4th (not too handy for overtaking!).

The car is booked into the selling dealer again (an independent, ex FIAT dealer) but I wonder if anyone has any ideas what the problem might be. I would like to have some idea before relying on what the dealer tells me.

Sponsored Links
AO Member
Re: 156 2.4JTDM warning light

Ask them to tell you the fault codes......long term fuel trim data may also be helpful.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , 24jtdm , light , warning