My 147 air bag warning light is on again! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 17-04-07 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

My 147 air bag warning light is on again!

I took the car to my local indi and was told that it was the usual problem with the passenger seat air bag connections under the seat. They reset the computer (£10) and it was o/k for a week or two, until the seat was moved forward to get someone in the back and straight away, the warning light was back on again.
I have had a look at the connection and I canít see what is causing this problem.
There is no pressure on the connectors when the seat is moved. The only pressure I can envisage is on the loom where it goes from the base of the seat, into the back of the top part of the seat.
Can anyone point me to the likely source of this problem?

Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
Re: My 147 air bag warning light is on again!

The connector is a wobbly part and looking at it will sometimes set of the light, best remedy is to solder the wires and have the light reset with Examiner. Worst scenario is the pad in the seat that measures the weight of the passenger , I had this once and it was solved under warranty.

Member car:

Re: My 147 air bag warning light is on again!

the connectors are not that brilliant and its the looseness of them that cause the light to be brought up or in worse case the airbag is actually at fault, but 9/10 its the connectors.
Alfa Romeo have bought out a service bulletin that explains what should happen in extreme case, which is that the connectors being cut away and new stronger connectors being soldered into the loom. However this can only be done at a main dealer. i would strongly advise not to solder the the wires together permanently as when you come to take the seat out for any reason you will have a problem.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , air , bag , light , warning