HRG aka Heath Road Garage - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 16-04-07 Thread Starter

Member car:

alfa 156

Thumbs Up HRG aka Heath Road Garage

This place rocks for alfa servicing on price and also no Bul****, Recently I took my 156 to them for a variator and cambelt change at 62K which I thought was routine, whilst in the shop guys found a few other problems with my engine, which they fixed and saved the engine from needing a rebuild, to quote the guy "we just caught it in time". The work cost 655 but in my opinon it was well worth the price as It now drives like new with better mpg. I'd recomend HRG to anyone in the cheshire and the manchester area I'll be using them again, I orginaly found them on this forum so respect to owner of this site. My advise is anyone who has the usual 156 or 147 problems listed on these forums who lives within 50miles of sandbach get to HRG they'll save your car.

Sponsored Links
AO Platinum Member
County: Cheshire
Re: HRG aka Heath Road Garage

I will second that

Alfie at HRG is a good man and knows his Alfas and will not b*llsh*t you. I have used them a few times and will be going back for all my 156s needs.

welcome to AO by the way davidh
AO Silver Member
County: Cheshire

Good advice. Welcome to AO btw.

Last time my car was there it was parked up next to a Maserati Spider and a 911. One of Alfie's customers/mates turned up in a howling 355 with huge quad exhausts, I felt in exalted company with my humble 147!

Also, while you wait, I recommend a stroll to Sandbach Waitrose where the cakes and coffee are good

Just had mine done at HRG. Cambelt and all the other bits that go with that including variator. Also fitted new suspension arms on the front. The car was all over the place before, drives like brand new now. Cost: £720 all in. Alfie is a top bloke. Will always take my 2.0 147 there in future.
AO Member

I cannot recommend Alfie and his team at Heath Road Garage highly enough. They have sorted out the problem with my auxiliary belt shredding using good, sound engineering techniques. They repaired the sheared off bolt on the tensioner by having to drill the old one out. This was not an easy task as due to its awkward position, the engine had to be dropped to gain access. They also found that the pulley had not been installed correctly on the crankshaft by a certain Alfa dealer in Central Lancashire when the cambelt was replaced in October 2006. All of this work was corrected and carried out by HRG at a very reasonable price.
Alfie and his team will get all my Alfa custom from now on.
I have just driven my 'baby' back up the M6 and she is running like a dream again. I can sleep again after having a restless week worrying.
AO Silver Member

Just looking at their site - thats one very clean garage!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

aka , garage , heath , hrg , road