Well, here's today's update! Another few hours spent and now the car is all back together, lowering springs and all (though it really doesn't look any lower - See pic!) Surely it can't settle by 3cm from now??
Anyway, I phoned the garage and they tell me that there's no bleeding necessary, just top it up, let the pump get the pressure up and keep topping it up again until it looks definitely full.
Also, the same with the powersteering fluid. I'd broken one of the inlet pipes on the fluid bottle (reservoir, whatever you call it). I was told to top it up, turn the steering from lock to lock and top it up again.
So... I started it, and... it found a gear, and
moved! problem is, it's finding 2nd and not first
Other than that I cant tell you any more, as my Epoxy glue repair didn't hold at all and the powersteering fluid dumped itself all over the garage floor!
So now I'm waiting on a replacement bottle to arrive in tomorrow's post hopefully.
I phoned the garage back (Paul @ Avanti must be getting sick of me by now!) and he says it may be a little stiff from being left standing for a while, and I should replace the gearbox oil, and add some Molyslip to it. Which reminded me, I didn't even check there was any oil in it
At least it's back on it's wheels again! My Step dad can have his garage back!
oh, and I also managed to shear off a bolt on one of the exhaust brackets, so it sounds rough as hell for the mo, until I get someone to drill it out so I can get a bolt through (tried drilling it out ourselves, but it's made of stronger stuff and blunts every drill we try!)
I'll keep the thread updated tomorrow when the gearbox has oil in it!!
I think the fact that it finds any gear at all a vast achievement tbh, seeing as I'm a complete rookie and had the whole selespeed system in pieces last week!