Hi all, I'm Sam and new to this
I recently bought my first Alfa which is a 2010 (60) Alfa Romeo GT q2 1.9 jtdm - red of course
Just wondering if anyone can advise me on anything I need to know?
Any advise or help will be qreatly appreciated
Congrats on the GT.
1. Timing belt and water pump should be changed around the 50k mark or 4 years, whichever is sooner. The JTDm is a solid engine and most of the timing belt failure are caused by the water pump seizing.
2. Suspension - The front upper wishbones can moan when worn, budget £90 a side for this. A quality alignment is also a good idea as this can help clue you in to other suspension issues.
3. Clutches will bite high if worn and possibly slip in the higher gears if it's on its way out. This repair can get pricey if the DMF needs to be replaced also, around £900 from a specialist.
4. The JTDm doesn't go through oil like some of the petrol engines but it should be kept topped up, changing it every 5-6k won't do it too much harm either.
5. Watch out for clumsy people who fling their doors open in car parks, the bodywork is quite thin and picks up knocks easily.
6. Many GT owners give reports of an evil spirit which lives in the window electronics, which cause them to behave badly. There are plenty of threads about this issue and a window switch reset usually solves the issue.
Unfortunately I don't own a GT so I've probably missed a few things but I'm sure some GT owners will chip in. Check Alfaworkshop's guide also:
Alfa Romeo GT Buyer's Guide
Enjoy your GT.
147 Sport Q2: Autolusso Remap + Swirl Flap & EGR Delete, Mocal Oil Cooler Kit, JTD Performance FMIC Kit + High Flow Elbow, Wizard Downpipe, PF Pads + 5.1 Fluid, Autolusso Braided Brake Lines, MTech Short-Shifter, Autolusso Silicone Turbo-to-MAF Hose, Refurbed Q2's + Some to add later.