GT jtdms - spotting the 170s - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #26 of 29 Old 07-11-14 Thread Starter
AO Member
Originally Posted by The Bat View Post
Hope this helps ...
Brilliant, thanks Bat!
Sponsored Links
Club Member
Membro Premio

Member car:

GT.Clover 170 Q2

Originally Posted by Dex87 View Post
All this cafuffle over 20bhp on a derv!

The GT Cloverleaf is a beauty in any form, but do people really pay a premium for a few extra ponies and a fancy dif on a car that's essentially a luxurious cruiser, not a nimble sports car...?

Yes cause you get uprated fuel pump and injectors, which for tuning are preferential. The q2 diff transforms the GT. Also the chassis is built on the 156 platform which won touring car races. So with a few choice chassis mods and upgrades this car can be made into something very special indeed.

AO Silver Member
County: Surrey
Bottom line the 170 is better for tuning as you have the uprated injectors and Q2 from the off.

But of course you can fit a quaife and the injectors are "moddable"

So the end result modding a 150 is not far off the result you get from a 170 as it stands..and IMO the blackline wheels and interior are nicer than the clover counterpart.

Btw my fuel cap button is right of tbe steering wheel and asr in the same place.

Mine is quaifed ,hybrid turbo'd and lowered on bilsteins with eibach springs and arb's.

She was dyno'd 6 mths ago at over 220bhp and that was with poor vnt calibration...estimate now after further mapping and vnt work is 240 bhp and judging by the way it goes against my neighbours 4S thats about right. There is definitely another 10-20% to be had with some dyno mapping and maybe water meth. I expect to be over 250 bhp in final tune..closer to 260 is likely ..maybe more.

Wheels look classy in a dark anthracite ,a huge improvement over the factory silver. And the only thing I personally missed over the clover is blue and me.

Resolved with a connects2 adaptor so the swc works as well!

Given how much cheaper a blackline is than a clover I would still go that route ..btw the engine is the same ..only pump injectors and ecu is different to the 150...

And Ned is buying a machine to uprate injectors ,his opinion is the fuel pump is not the limiting factor in achieving the same figures on 150's and 170's so its likely with a little more research there will be nothing in it.

If you can get one at a good price do it but I wouldn't pay thousands more for a clover unless I planned to mod it and even then balanced out against the purchase cost of a good blackline taking into account cost of fitting a Quaife. And of course overall condition of both cars.
ALFADOIT likes this.
AO Member
County: Greater London

Member car:

147 Sport Q2

Surely you can tell whether 150 or 170 from the injector type? Not that I know what they are, but my 147 Sport Q2 150 has Bosch 445 110 243.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

170s , jtdms , spotting