HELP Clutch problem again - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 8 Old 12-10-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Greece,Crete
HELP Clutch problem again

Hey guys
When i drive on highways or big road that i dont have to press the clutch pedal multiple times i dont have any problem.But when i drive inside the center of city,after 15 minutes the car is revving but its going slow,like i am still pressing the clutch pedal.If i leave city and go to high way everything is fine.
But this problem make me worry and thinking before i go to the center of city.
I am not sure if i need to change the clutch or the slave cylinder as i did in summer.The clutch i currently have,has been fitted the summer of 2013 and has 15.000km
Also what diameter does the clutch of 2.0TS have?is the same as 1.6?
Help me mates!!!!

The first Alfa i fall in love was my dad's Spider Duck tail when i was 3 years old.
MY 147 2.0
Garrett 2867,380cc Injectors,Aeromotive fuel pump,76mm custom exhuast,FMC,6paddle clutch,Hks boost gauge,Koni STR.T,Eibach Sportline,GTA ARB,Ultra Racing strut brace,Brembo 288mm drilled

Best 147 in Crete

Once Alfisti,Always Alfisti
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Somerset
Hi,well normaly wot I found with cars is that when clutch is on way to extange,I do first test
.....car on idle hand brake ,second gear and relise clutch slowly to the end normaly when cluch is good engine will stall,if still idle cluch is no good... Second test....when at speed pop fourth gear and accelerate pedal to flor look on dials speed need follow revmeter if revs go faster then speed clutch gone need swop new But Alfas have hydraulics check for leaking system air traps,pain is that main cylinder is in side gearbox,Olso check for broken spring on clutch pedal,might be easy fix good luck.

Last edited by tomasz; 12-10-14 at 17:29.
(Post Link) post #3 of 8 Old 12-10-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomasz View Post
Hi,well normaly wot I found with cars is that when clutch is on way to extange,I do first test
.....car on idle second gear and relise clutch slowly to the end normaly when cluch is good engine will stall,if still idle cluch is no good... Second test....when at speed pop fourth gear and accelerate pedal to flor look on dials speed need follow revmeter if revs go faster then speed clutch gone need swop new But Alfas have hydraulics check for leaking system air traps,pain is that main cylinder is in side gearbox,Olso check for broken spring on clutch pedal,might be easy fix good luck.
I need a clutch then
Should i go for valeo or luk clutch?also does 1.6 and 2.0have the same clutch?
AO Member

Hmm,I'm sorry but that's how far I can help really,I would say use the best u can for max of yor money,upgrade for sport?last longer and in future tuning u will be safedon't now yor makes I always bin used Sachs clutches,hope guys hire will be able to help u more,regards.
AO Gold Member

County: Brokopondo
Valeo & Luk i have recently been told are the same company, so use either. Valeo are OEM fitment i understand.

I have last week bought a Luk kit for a 2.0 TS for less than 60 delivered to my door.
(Post Link) post #6 of 8 Old 12-10-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

In Greece,a 1.6 valeo kit costs 110€ and a 2.0 valeo clutch kit costs 190€!
Thats why i am asking if they use same clutches!
AO Member

Hi again Can u get quotes from UK -email suppliers online shops,somthimes I buy parts from Germany postage prices are not so scary,we are in Europe so yea,tray it u might get surprised.
(Post Link) post #8 of 8 Old 16-10-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomasz View Post
Hi again Can u get quotes from UK -email suppliers online shops,somthimes I buy parts from Germany postage prices are not so scary,we are in Europe so yea,tray it u might get surprised.
I also buy from Internet but postage to Greece is 50 for clutch and then the price is almost the same as here.But i cant find if the have the same clutches.The 1.6 gearbox fits on 2.0 engine and bearings and slave master is the same

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

Tags
clutch , problem