Lexus aint cutting it - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Club Member
Membro Premio

Member car:

GT.Clover 170 Q2

"I am looking at at diesel unfortunately"
Very sorry to hear that... I am slumming it too..Hope you find your unfortunate diesel acquisition .

Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: -

Member car:

Alfa GT 1.9 JDTM

Thumbs Up

Having owned a 2.0 twin spark 147 and now a 1.9JTDM GT I can tell you the diesel is quicker....... Much quicker and returns 40-45mpg no matter how drive it. I've had the clutch changed and pick it up in the morning having had its upper front suspension links and anti roll bar links changed. (Thanks Graham Eddy Penzance). I love it it great to drive and I've had everything from mk2 golf GTIs through BMWs to 320 CLK and our other car is a c class coupe, wouldn't swap it for any thing other than an AMG offering.
The GT you're looking at looks sorted, go for it you won't regret it

I did take one of the Lexus IS 200s out when they first came out, thought it was dull and not a great engine compared to a BMWS 320 6 cylinder engine.
(Post Link) post #28 of 30 Old 29-10-14 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Essex

Member car:

Jag XE on order

I am well aware the performance per mpg is much better in the diesels but I just got used to a 2.4 v6 which I am going to miss having had diesels most of the time. The advert seems to cover a number of replaced parts with a full service history. I've just got a message back from him regarding the bodywork and he says their are a few car park dings on one side. Has any had these repaired by one these smart repair outfits? any good? I appreciate a perfect car may be hard to find but door dings are a serious bugbear of mine.
Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 17
County: West Yorkshire
Make her walk
AO Gold Member
County: Greater Manchester

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDm

Looks good and the colour is not one I've seen before.
If it was me buying again it would have to be red

Second hand cars all have their problems. One of my worst was a VW Passat, however many owners of them will be of different opinion.
I have done on my 2005 GT JTDm since October 2011:-
  1. Front wishbones
  2. Front and rear droplinks
  3. Rear upper suspension bearings (bushes)
  4. Rear longitudinal arms
  5. Discs and pads all round
  6. New lower turbo hose
  7. Regular EGR cleans
  8. Four tyres

I find now I'm doing about 13k/year the EGR is lasting longer between cleans.

It's my daily hack and I expect door dings, stone chips etc. so on this they do not bother me.
I've changed the oil on a few occasions obviously but only every 12k. It is coming upto five years since the belts were done (2010 sometime before I owned it) so next Feb a cambelt service is in order.

I have done all my own work so far, the car has not seen a professional but will for the cambelts.

Currently getting 46mpg according to the trip, About 43/4 realistically I'd guess.

The suspension or steering makes a knocking sound (posted a vid of it before now) that has shut up now the weather has cooled down, I now suspect the anti-roll bar bushes.
I love the shape hate the colour (black) and hate the noise the clatterbox oil smoke stinking engine makes but it is reasonably quick. I don't want a remap as the 'offiical' 150 is good enough for me.

The ride is a little harsh but the seats in this car are the best I've ever parked my backside in ever. The handling and grip is brilliant even on my cheap Westlake tyres in the wet.

I should have bought a red V6 but that might have cost me a little more to run and I know I would have ended up cosseting it like my other two Stallions and I don't need that yet

Priorities I find, are usually someone else's.
Statements above are all my own opinion and not fact.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

cutting , lexus