Chug Chug Boom Vroom!!!! - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Silver Member
County: Warwickshire

Member car:

GTV 24v

Re: Chug Chug Boom Vroom!!!!

Chris, that's interesting, I should make a point of doing a bit of research. I would think in this case the factory would recommend an ECU reset to dealers when changing significant components. They wouldn't want owners collecting their cars to experience that kind of behaviour straight afterwards!
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Tyne and Wear

Member car:

a very dirty car

Originally Posted by Wrenched View Post
I would think in this case the factory would recommend an ECU reset to dealers when changing significant components.
In my experience I have always found that dealers do exactly that. Not just when they disconnect the battery to do work, but actually making a point of telling me they had done it. Maybe I just had a good dealer (they have seriously gone down-hill recently so I don`t go there any more).
(Post Link) post #28 of 28 Old 12-04-07 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: -

Member car:

156 2.5 v6

I believe I may have gone some way to sorting out this problem. After work today I stopped of at my local Quick Fit and asked them to get the car in the air and look at the exhaust for me. As I suspected there was a problem. The connection between the CAT and the middle section of pipe was blowing badly as the rubber part that attaches the exhaust to the underside of the car had not been attached and therefore the exhaust had dropped and the joint had opened up. The lad charged me a fiver to cut out the old bolts, clean up the joint, rebolt it and attach it to the underside of the car. I was well happy so I gave him a tenner. He also told me the lambda is shot which I already knew. Straight away I could tell the difference though, the throttle is much more responsive and apart from the sound she drives much better too. Just need to get myself a new lambda and I think I've cracked this one!

Owning an Alfa is not a matter of life or death...... It's much more important than that.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

boom , chug , vroom