Please Help 156 tw - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 27-03-07 Thread Starter
Help Please Help 156 tw

Hi every one.

Im new to this site and need some help with an alfa romeo 156 twin spark. Its a W plate alfa done about 78.000 miles and owned the car for about 5 months now. First problems started day after i picked the car up over reving and engigne bay was shaking like hell, took the allfa back to garge and they replaced the HT leads and spark plugs is what they told me. Things started looking up abit until night before christmas eve on way home from work and bang engine blow up head gasket completey gone and bottom end shot to hell. wiated a hole month before back on road. Lucky 6 months warranty covered it all 1500 and alfa was back. 1 problem new engine had to be run in for 1000 miles and just done that last friaday, took back to garage oil and filter change and generall chack everything fine the garage said.Until today engine temp well over 90 red light on and engine miss fireing reving right up and almost cutting out. sorry for giving a life story but i need help....
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
Re: Please Help 156 tw

From the deathly silence.....I guess no one has any definite ideas....

It is difficult to diagnose problems by remote control, and to be honest the symptoms you describe don't match the common problems...Usual suspects would be MAF - but that doesn't normally create high temps....or maybe jammed thermostat causing the temp sensor to send weird messages to the ECU.....

If its still under the warranty, get it bounced back......

Sorry can't help more.

what rgwm said...get it back for them to look at
(Post Link) post #4 of 4 Old 28-03-07 Thread Starter

Hi richard thanks for the reply. i did take it back to thr garge and turns out the raditor has 3 holes in it and is crubling by the fan so the holes have shone. And also like you said theramstat needs replcing to its booked in on tuesday so ill let you know what happens. Thanks for your help. Nick

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT