05 GT 1.8 Oil Pressure Warning and Possible engine trouble - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 18-09-14 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Brescia
05 GT 1.8 Oil Pressure Warning and Possible engine trouble

Hi Everybody,

I've posted here several times before and you all have been very helpful to me, so I will try again with yet another problem I am having.

I have a 2005 GT 1.8 and for the last couple of days I have been experiencing an annoyance with the Oil Pressure Warning signal always activating. It only comes on when I am decelerating and approaching a traffic circle, when I am cornering around a traffic circle or turn, and accelerating out of a traffic circle. I have recorded this on my iphone where you can view it here:

I have checked all fluid levels and just recently got a Oil change. I am currently at 95k KM and will get a new timing belt at my 100k mark, but I don't believe that could be the cause of my Oil pressure warning signal.

Second Problem:

I don't know if it is just my ears playing tricks on me but my engine doesn't sound the same as when I bought it a few months ago. It still drives the same, feels the same and nothing else is unusual but when I take off in my gears and rev it up to 3 or 4k rpm before I shift, I distinctly hear something in the engine sputtering fast but much slower than what my pistons are moving obviously. I've started to notice this ever since the Oil Pressure light started to come on.

When I first got the vehicle a few months ago, the Oil Pressure light came on very, very seldom when I was cornering in traffic circles but now its just routine. The following video is me reving up my engine:

If any of you guys might have a clue of what is going on with my vehicle I would be very much appreciated. Other than the sound and the Oil pressure warning, the vehicle is running fine.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Essex
Time to get a mechanical pressure gauge plumbed in so you can see what is really happening to the oil pressure. It might be a sensor problem, or use of too thin an oil, but could be serious bearing wear, so best not delay.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

engine , oil , pressure , trouble , warning