147 electric window faults - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 14-09-14 Thread Starter
County: West Yorkshire
Wave 147 electric window faults

I have read many posts regarding resetting the windows on the 147 but this is my story, hope it works for others too

I bought a 2003 147 1.6 TS Lusso, all was well for 1 week with the exception of no radio code, flashing odometer and side light warning light on dash( even though all the lights were working fine)

read lots of posts on this site and got the unlock code for my radio, much appreciated, and realised that I probably needed a proxy realignment.

1 week into ownership and she dropped a valve on cylinder 3 totalling the engine.

eventually got a replacement, was sent the wrong engine first so had to wait another week for the right one to be delivered.....

engine in and runs a treat.

bought 'MULTIECUSCAN' software & licence and correct leads, very good piece of kit and well worth the money.

completed proxy realignment and flashing odometer is ok however now all 4 windows drop in auto but only return up about an inch at a time

tried all the reset variants discussed on line including disconnecting battery but nothing worked.

connected multiecuscan and found that all 4 anti trap sensors were in fault, cleared faults but returned immediately.

then changed the 'anti trap sensors' from present to not present, completed another proxy realignment and hey presto all working as should

hope this waffle helps someone else

ps side light fault still remains, ah well something for later
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Devon
ah weird.
one of my windows doesn't auto all the way up either.
and they seem very slow and sounds like motor is struggling.
has been ever since I bought it.
maybe I need to take doors off and have a clean around and re grease.

I also have a warning come up about my side light not working.

a bug in the system maybe?
AO Member
County: Durham
Going to give this a go Pat just bought new switches off ebay for a 3 door , existing ones you need to pull the switch back and lift for it to work once they start, eventually, after a lot of playing about you cant stop them no matter what you do ,

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , electric , faults , window