Tyre Recommendations - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Platinum Member
County: Oxfordshire
Re: Tyre Recommendations

The toyos are also a lot quieter than the eagle F1 GSD3's...
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: South Yorkshire

Originally Posted by PMackey View Post
Weird, I've never avoided standing water with my T1-Rs and I've gone through puddles that were a fairly deep and they've cut straight through the water without a problem (looking in the mirror there's always a distinct lack of water where there used to be a big puddle)
Even any review I've seen of them on the net praises their performance in the wet.
I agree, I've never had a problem with standing water. These are really good in the wet.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Ford Fiesta ST 3

I did a quote for 4 Toyo's on blackcicles.com and they also offer a search facility for a local fitting station. Quote including fitting and balancing was cheapeast I could find online but will check a couple of local fitters before I buy in case they can match it.

By the way, if anyone is buying tires soon then try the promo code EMP001 on blackcircles, should give you 5% off standard price though not sure how long it's valid for. Every little helps!

or you can get a £5 voucher here http://www.blackcircles.com/msn

Last edited by alfapersius; 25-03-07 at 12:21.
AO Member

My wife's 2.0TS Lusso came on Bridgestone Turanzas.I replaced the front two for £175 because of a puncture at 11,000 miles, when about 4mm. was left.They are an excellent tyre.My 159 came on Bridgestone Potenzas,which are even better -as confirmed in the Which? report recently.I had a frightening experience in the damp on a set of new Toyos-I went straight on under braking at a roundabout and wiped out a Keep Left sign just stopping before a lampost,damaging my Sud front end.They were all sent back to the factory for checking.The technical staff said the were as normal but I got my money back and bought Ceats.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

recommendations , tyre