156 2.0 JTS Sensor Problems - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 19-03-07 Thread Starter
156 2.0 JTS Sensor Problems

I am trying to sell my 2003/52 156 2.0 JTS Veloce, had a full dealer service in February 40,000 miles - passed with flying colours as ever so though I could sell with a clear mind. Using a second hand car selling agency the car suddenly develops a 'problem alarm light with the ABS?' The agency replaced the battery but still alarm light, so took the car to the local Alfa dealer (Desira Southgate). Alfa Romeo dealer took the car for four days and suggested that one of the cables in the wiring loom might be cut? They suggested a new wiring loom be installed for 2500 as they would never be able to find which one was faulty. WHERE DO THESE CLOWNS GET TRAINED?

Does anyone have any good ideas of how I might go forward? Another Alfa dealer? Private garage? Only wanted a resonable price for the car to go to a good owner as I've had it from Alfa Dealer Demo at six month old and it's never had anything go wrong with.

My new 159 is current 'on holiday' at the port and now three weeks late, although ordered in December. Dealer gave me a Seat Toledo as a temporary replacement!!!

Grumpy of East London!
Sponsored Links
AO Member
Re: 156 2.0 JTS Sensor Problems

I guess the first thing to do is to take it to another garage and get another opinion. Very often they just seem to make up a **** and bull story which costs mega bucks when they haven't a clue how to fix something. They really should be able to tell you which wire is faulty unless it's an intermitant chaff. Try somewhere else as you've nothing to loose.
AO Member
County: Tyne and Wear
Re: 156 2.0 JTS Sensor Problems

Hi what did they say the fault was?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , jts , problems , sensor