156 selespeed problem - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 27-08-14 Thread Starter
County: Queensland
156 selespeed problem

my alfa selespeed oil ran low so i topped it up with wrong oil supplied by supplier(gear oil).i drained and replaced oil with correct type. when car is cold starts ok and drives ok for only a few minutes then drops out of gear and will not reengage. any clues? car has app 140klms on clock.
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: -
If you lost some sele oil (reservior in the engine bay) then you will have some sort of leak in the system and this could be linked to it dropping out of gear. But then again sometimes owners just think the sele oil level is low when it's not.

Couple of things to try - is the sele warning light coming on? You really need to get it on diagnostics to check systems pressure, clutch rod length, etc. Can you hear the sele pump running, especially when you open the drivers door? Could be as simple as the pump relay. Other thing to check is gear oil level - take out the fill plug in the gearbox and see if oil pours out. If so then the actuator is leaking sele fluid into the gearbox. This is bad.

Good luck.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , problem , selespeed