156 Acceleration Flat Spot - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 07-03-07 Thread Starter

Member car:

156 2.0 TS

156 Acceleration Flat Spot

I was wondering if anyone could offer any ideas. I have recently bought a 156 with 107k miles on it, bargain at the auction which I couldn't miss out on, love the interiors of them. The problem that I have is during fast acceleration and change up from 1st to 2nd there is a dull moment where the acceleration stops then picks up again. There was, possibly still a slight performance problem previously and I replaced the air mass sensor following similar issues with a last car, I think this has approved the normal ticking over and regular driving, but only just changed it over so still waiting to see on that.

Also, i was wondering what the normal tick over should be on the car, its sits about 900rpm after the auto choke has disengaged. Can anyone offer any help?
Sponsored Links
Re: 156 Acceleration Flat Spot

welcome to AO dude....

congrats in your purchase..

just a quickie first...do you have any documentation when the cambelt and tensioners were last changed ? they need to be changed every 36k or 3 years, whichever is sooner...

what make is the MAF..there have been lots of stories of poor products bought of ebay...best get the standard bosch unit..

what condiition are your spark plugs in ? they need to be changed every 60k..

rpm should be 800...

congrats again

(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 08-03-07 Thread Starter

Member car:

156 2.0 TS

Re: 156 Acceleration Flat Spot

Thanks for your response. The only answer I can give you about all that is that the MAF is a bosch unit, the same as I removed, it was from ebay however I did check out the sellers feedback and all seems to be ok there. The car has been serviced up to 87k, however i've not checked the service record for details about the cambelt and tensioners.

On driving to work this morning i've noticed that it took a couple of minute to get moving properly, from cold it was struggling to get to 40, 50 60mph, but up there is was running fine.

I'll check out the service record to see if anything is mentioned there and also have a check on the spark plugs after work.

Thanks for your advice on that.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , acceleration , flat , spot