Limp Mode 156 2.4JTD - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 18-08-14 Thread Starter
County: Essex

Member car:

156 2.4JTD

Help Limp Mode 156 2.4JTD

Hi Guys, I drive a 156 2.4JTD that was mapped about 3-4 yrs ago. I recently had a Crank Sensor that packed up and took it in to be replaced. Since I've had the car back I have inherited starting issues and the car goes into limp mode when it reaches high revs when accelerated hard in 3rd, 4th and 5th gears (not tried in 1st or 2nd). Took it back to the garage who have changed the fuel regulator (?) and have advised me that the starting problem is due to low compression and that the limp mode problem is due to the remap. However I disagree with them as prior to the crank sensor being changed I did not have either of these 2 problems. Hate to say it but I feel like the garage are blaming everything of the remap and want to wash their hands of the problem. The only solution they have offered me is to remove the map so that I may get a little longer life out of the car. Can anyone advise on what may be causing the 2 problems and if it's possible that they may be linked and if they could be linked to the change of the Crank Sensor. Thank you
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: West Yorkshire
First things first need to find out why you're getting limp mode so need the fault codes, they could well have dislodged something in the process of changing the sensor.
Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 71
County: Cumbria
Its possible that when the old crank sensor came out, the O-ring seal was stuck to the engine block. Now the new crank sensor already has an O-ring on it, its sitting a little too far out and it is affecting its readings. You wouldn't be the first to have this happen to you.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , 24jtd , limp , mode