147 fuel leak? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 04-03-07 Thread Starter
AO Member
147 fuel leak?

Has anyone every had an issue with a fuel leak on the 147?

An how much oil do most of you get through?

The misses 147 just seems to drink petrol and the oil needs monthly attention. I have look for oil leaks but none seem apparent.
Sponsored Links
Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 7

Member car:

GT Cloverleaf

Re: 147 fuel leak?

Hi slawson,Don`t know about fuel consumption,mine`s always been reasonable,40mpg ave,but touch-wood I`ve not had the problems with oil consumption that a lot of other members have.After a service,don`t actually think I`ve had to top-up from one year to another,but,I`m only doing about 8,000mls/year?? good/lucky?? I don`t know,definately don`t need a weekly check.
AO Member

Hi, from reading around this forum the state of the termostat can affect fuel consumption - does the temp read about 90 or so as its "steady eddy" temp?
I recall had a tiny fuel leak on my old pug 106 (rip) and the smell was dreadful; there was no doubt that i was leaking fuel. i think you'd know if it was actually leaking.
The oil thing is a constant subject here, some people check (& refill) every week, for others it just lasts. i check mine every week and usually have to put a drop or so in, but im doing at least 300 miles a week which might be a tad more then the average.
AO Gold Member

Our 2 litre 147 round town does 29mpg and uses about a litre of oil every 3500 miles.

Has been about the same since it was run in new.

In mixed driving my 1.6 156 did 32-34mpg and used about a litre of oil every 10,000 miles
AO Member

Member car:

147 selespeed

i put in 1 pint oil every 5th-6th fill up, the oil consuption seems to vary so much between cars, i do not think anyone can give the definitive oil consuption for alfa, i am sure if there was a petrol leak you would smell it or there would have been flames by now!!!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , fuel , leak