A few questions regarding Alfa 147 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 24-02-07 Thread Starter
AO Member
A few questions regarding Alfa 147

Hi guys,

I pick up my Alfa 147 next wednesday and was wondering if someone could help me with a few questions that I need answered.

1. Is it worth opting for an extended warranty? The car already comes with a 1 year warranty, but I got a quote from the salesman for an extension, he said it would cost £359.55 inc. VAT for a two year warranty extension.

2. I wanted to get my Alfa lowered and was wondering how much it would cost me and if someone could explain what work is involved in getting a car lowered?

3. Last question, I wanted to add a spoiler + other cosmetic changes, does anyone know of a good place to go and get this done in the Wanstead/Woodford area (beginning of the central line in case you don't know where these destinations are)?

Thanks again in advance, really appreciate the help

Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Cork

Member car:

Octavia vRS

Re: A few questions regarding Alfa 147

For Q1, ask the salesman exactly what is and more importantly what isn't covered by the warranty. Sometimes they just aren't worth getting if you've owned the car from new but might be worth it with a secon hand car as you don't know how they've been maintained.

For Q2, the cheapest way is to get lowering springs and use the stock dampers. To go the whole hog get new dampers (the stock ones are fairly crap anyway) and lowering springs, or a set of coilovers.

Q3, No idea, don't live in England

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , alfa , questions