Leaky GT - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 07-08-14 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: North Yorkshire
Leaky GT

After being the proud owner for 8 months I was starting to think that perhaps I was really really lucky and got a problem free Alfa. Started to notice a few drops on the drive occasionally. Had a poke around nothing jumped out so just presumed it was rain water running down from the engine etc and dropping from the under tray as it was clearish colour but oily. Started to get worse looked at power steering reservoir and almost empty!! Now im worried. So I took it to my local Alfa dealer (Alexander's in Stockton). Luckily its still under their warranty. Having left it with them for the day it turned out that some connections had worked loose somewhere around power steering pump. A quick tighten up and all is well again.
Feeling very relieved now but still check underneath, been over a week now and dry as a bone.
Moral of the story is, Don't always fear the worst.
Perhaps I do have good one after all
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
County: -
Glad it turned out well

I had very few problems with my GT until it got to about 6 years old and then it was just things wearing out and needing replacing. It had to go as I no longer do the miles to justify the cost of tax/ keeping it on the road etc - but I still miss it!

You've got a great car, enjoy

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT