2005 GT wing mirrors don't work - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 28-07-14 Thread Starter
County: Greater London
2005 GT wing mirrors don't work

Well, the mirrors work perfectly, just as refelctive as a mirror should be in fact!

However the electric mechanism to adjust them appears to be inoperative. When I move the selector on the drivers side door from side to side and then press the arrows to move the selected mirror nothing happens. The selector makes a beep every time I press it but neither mirror moves at all.

Anybody have any experience of this? Can't find anything on the forum. Could it be a motor or linkage, perhaps a fuse?

I'm new on here by the way, so hello all! This is my second Alfa, after a horrendous first experience with an Alfa 156 basically bankrupting me as a young lad in the early 2000s. Must say the GT feels a million times better, but still has its little niggles!
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
County: Greater Manchester

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDm

No help. Mine work they just don't fold in
AO Member
County: South Yorkshire

Member car:

GT 2.0 JTS

I'm sure you realise its only the glass that moves inside the mirror covering - not the casing itself - that you can fold manually to put them out of the way when parked for example (that's if the hinge hasn't seized up).

In the owner's manual I can only find one fuse listed related to the driver's door and nothing for the mirrors - so if the windows work I suppose it's not a fuse.

Have you checked out the multiplug that supplies power to the various door components through the door jamb? I'd try "making and breaking" that connector a few times and maybe using contact cleaner spray on the pins and sockets (maybe moisture has entered). The connecter (that black rubber and grey plastic thing) separates easily - if you raise the grey plastic clip the rubber portion slips off to reveal the contacts.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

2005 , mirrors , wing , work