156 key fob issues - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 28-07-14 Thread Starter
County: -

Member car:

156 key fob issues

Hi im new to Alfa's and need some advice. I only got 1 key fob with the car but the buttons don't work. I took the key fob apart and found that both switches are broken off. I found 1 of the switches in the fob and soldered it back on to the board for the doors but it doesn't seemed to have worked. Do you need both switches soldered in place for the remote to work? Also how does the battery contact the board as it does not seem to when I look in the fob. I hope someone can offer me some advise or a place I could possible sort it.

cheers Jason
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Carmarthenshire

Member car:

Alfa 156 Gta

spare keys are available from ebay to salvage parts or their is a guy that repairs keys on there too
otherwise its expensive to have the dealers do them but guess you need a spare

if its a two button key top button does doors alarm and smaller bottom button is boot release
You can send it away to be repaired. I sent mine to a gent called Chris on here and he turned it around asap. He is on ebay as zaksystems.
Whilst it may mean not having a key for a day or so I can't recommend highly enough
I thought my key was completely dead. It had never worked when I bought the car. Got it back a day later fully functioning. .

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , fob , issues , key