Used car warranties - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 12-02-07 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 147

Used car warranties

Hi guys

Having had my ECU rebuilt at the cost of 380 within a month of owning my 147 i'm thinking quite heavily of investing in one of those used car warranties you can get to prevent constant worry about recurring expensive repairs. I presume they're like any other insurance company, i.e dead keen not to pay out on any claim! Does anyone have any experience with them to pass on? I'm looking at warrantywise at the moment, 350 annual premium to cover almost everything on the car (the list of included parts looks very comprehensive) including wear and tear and claims can me made from the moment the cover is taken out, sounds good to me, what do you think guys?

PS I'm getting a 'brake fluid level' warning light at the moment, is that easy/cheap enough to top up?

PPS My driving seat lumbar support adjuster knob is missing! Where would i even begin trying to get another one if i wanted to take the effort?!

Cheers to everyone who offered advice on my ECU problem, i hope i get enough knowledge together eventually to begin posting some solutions rather than just problems!
Sponsored Links
Re: Used car warranties

Does you car have a seperate "low pad" warning light? If yes, then just top the fluid up. If no, then check your pads as well

Adjuster knob, try dealers but I guess a scrappers will be the best way.

AO Platinum Member
County: Neath Port Talbot
Re: Used car warranties

My Alfacare warranty runs out in March. I intend to take out a car care plan one through the CSMA.

Brake fluid goes down as the pads wear to just top it up with DOT4 (assuming the pads are OK).

You'll have to go to a knob (dealer) for a knob I fear

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

car , warranties