2002 156 electric problems...
Recently my 156 has developed several electrical faults, and I don't know if they're linked.
My last 156 cost me £4k in garage bills in the two years I had it, and I'm hoping I've not ended up with a similar motor.
- My odometer keeps resetting to zero
- The computer keeps resetting to 1st January 2001, though today it went back to Feb 10th without me doing anything.
- A while ago it warned me that my scheduled service was due, sometimes with a distance, sometimes with a time, sometimes it didn't, now it tells me it's expired. My last full service was at 29k, I'm now on 35k. (full AR history)
- Occasionally it struggles to start (probably just battery, but thought I'd include it for completeness)
- When it's starting, the speedometer sometime flickers up and down, up to 80mph sometimes.
The first three are now permanent problems, the last two intermittent.
Does anyone have an idea what may be causing any of these, and are they easily fixable without taking out a second mortgage?