156 heated seat issue - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 09-02-07 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

156 2.4 10v JTD

Warning 156 heated seat issue

My 156 (1999) is equipped with heated front seats... which are not working very well.. actually I think they do not work at all.

Now I have -20 in the thermometer outside the window, and everyone, who have lather seats in their car knows, how unpleasent it is to sit on them in such cold.

When I turn on the seat heating with the switch under the seat - red lights in the sides turns on - so I think the problem is not in the fuse box.

Maybe someone have had this kind of problem and have solved it?
Sponsored Links

Member car:

156 1.8

Re: 156 heated seat issue

I noticed a similar problem with my 156 seats in that I couldnt feel the heat even this week at -15/20.

I decided to test the seat by starting the car from cold, switching on seat heating but switching off all other heaters. I then cleared the ice + snow from the car while wearing a t-shirt.... then I sat in the car.

I found that the seat was warm now after 5 minutes considering the car had been outside at -28 all night.

I then put my jacket on and couldnt feel any warmth!

So my idea is that the power or element to the seat just isn't suitable for such low temp's especially when I compare it to my last VW which almost burnt after a while!

Sorry to be no direct help for fixing but this is how I tested my (non-leather) seats out.

Good luck!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , heated , issue , seat