Odometer reset by recall work - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 04-02-07 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Nottinghamshire
Odometer reset by recall work

New to the forum, but an Alfa owner since 97 (146ti, Spider 3.0, 156 2.0JTS sw - still have the spider and 156).

I know there have been a couple of older threads about this already, but just as a heads up that it's still an issue:

Car (156) went in for warranty work on roll bar mountings and handbrake cable. Came back with that done and 'new speedo head' fitted as per a recall (which I never had notification of). Odometer reset to zero. Main dealer very unhelpful: 'er that's what happens and there's nothing we can do about it...' . Alfa UK as brilliantly obtuse as ever: 'what's happened?.... did you push the mileage reset button? No? Well the dealer must have then...oh you mean the actual mileage reading...hmm, well can somebody call you back....it'll be a good few days before they do though...'.

Has anyone managed to get their correct mileage reading restored? I saw a few posters in the earlier threads who seemed to be attempting a remedy but no one confirming that they actually did it.

Sponsored Links
Mark Alfa
Re: Odometer reset by recall work

Welcome to AO.com
AO Member
Wave Re: Odometer reset by recall work

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I changed my 4 door 156 for a Sportwagon this week. The previous owner had the odometer replaced by a recall. I don't think you can do much about getting the reading changed. However, the dealer did provide me with a copy of the invoice for the work done for the previous owner which quoted the mileage at the time it was done so I know what the overall mileage is. Not great but I can live with it.
AO Platinum Member
County: Neath Port Talbot
Re: Odometer reset by recall work

I did, after a big fight and an appearence in Autoexpress

Check out my gallery for the rather poor story and see below:-

It bugged me so much, I went to war on them. The paid some firm £150 to sort it in the end

Welcome BTW

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

odometer , recall , reset , work