Speed, rpm, light dimming signals - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 09-07-14 Thread Starter
County: Heves
Help Speed, rpm, light dimming signals

I am new to this forum, but I really need your help now.
I have bought used 156 instruments for my sim rig (Race 07 / GTE Evolution). The only problem is I can't figure what signals do I need to get the needles moving. So lets see one-by-one:
I have managed to get the needle all the way up to 6500 with a 184Hz square wave (the duty fill does not matter at all). By increasing the freq. it gets down to 4500 around ~308Hz and after that it drops. Well the needle works strange yesterday I was able to get it all the way up without moving it.. now I have to move the unit around to even get the needle moving... strange huh?! Maybe it's broken... I hope it's not
I am doing the same on the same signal pin squaring it down to GND, nothing happens. I have got other clusters (E46 works on ABS signal as well and it works like a charm...) they work fine by giving them this kind of ABS signal... Any idea?
Last but not least, the light dimming... the backlight of the other two units works fine by supplying +12V but the speedo does not. It has 2 pins (6 and 5) on "connector B" some sort of eath signal and the sidelights... The LCD works, idk why but it does. This is not primary as I can put leds into it and hardwire them to +12V and GND.

I have read other topics but there was no real info on how to drive these gauges. Please if you can give me a tip or you have got some experience with these instruments reply

Sponsored Links
(Post Link) post #2 of 3 Old 12-07-14 Thread Starter
County: Heves
2+ years on AlfaOwner.com, 2 topics, 400+ views, 0 answers... This the legendary AR community.
AO Member
County: Cambridgeshire
better to keep quiet and have people suspect you know nothing, than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

cluster , dimmer , dimming , light , rev , rpm , signal , signals , speed