GT Hatch and other problems fixed!
I picked up my 7k mile June 06 GT JTd from Arnold last night having had the following warranty work done.
• Driver’s side interior door handle was noted to be marked at PDI – replaced after waiting several months for the part from Italy.
• Driver’s door needed slight adjustment to the alignment.
• Rear hatch creaking / rattled the majority of the time. Fixed using the modification circulated by Alfa (Thanks to all AO’s and 427scr PM’ing the document). This was the 4th time Arnold in Aberdeen had performed the proper fix to the hatch and they say that all the owners were happy with the results.
• Dashboard creaked badly around the vent that runs the length of the dash.
• Rear brakes squealed when the car was almost at a stop.
• Passenger Door courtesy light cover screw worked loose – lens dropped into the rear footwell.
• Passengers Heated seat switch LED faulty (Seats heat ok).
• Creaking noise between gear lever centre consul and lower part of the main dash.
I also received a 1.6 facelift 05 plate 147 as a courtesy car for the time the GT was in the garage (Monday to Friday). Sainsbury Insurance charged nothing for transferring the cover to the loan car and they did it over the phone (Service Manager made the call!)
Just back from a 20 mile test drive and I am very happy to report that every single item was fixed! The car is now as silent as a lamb and feels as if is worth the money paid. To be honest, none of the problems were able to detract from the enjoyment of driving the car however I was beginning to think that if the faults with the hatch and dash were not fixed or fixable, I would probably be looking for a change sooner than planned. On the hatch front, the assembly feels more solid when you open and close it however this may just be my imagination.
There you have it. I would have put money on something not being done correctly based on the overall reports about their performance however I have actually had a pleasant Arnold experience. Now where is that Celtic Tuning number…..