3 Questions - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 27-01-07 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: -

Member car:

Something German

3 Questions

1.Display lighting- During a sunny day, i cant see the display clearly when my head lights are on.When driving long distances during the day, its thought of as a safety feature to have your light on, not by law but drivers. You can hardly notice any reading on the display.I never bother because of the blurred display.Does this happen on your car?

2.Exhaust Heat- How much heat from underneath?When i get off from the drivers side.I often feel heat.Havent changed my exaust, only changed the manifold.Is this normal?I have also been to a testing place and had a look underneath and was quite hot surronding the exauhst area.I have been underneath other cars and its not as hot.Is yours the same?

3.Bumper removal-What is the tool that is used to remove the bumper.Got the "how to remove" instructions thanks to gotcha.
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
County: South Lanarkshire
Re: 3 Questions

From Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

He who crosses the bridge of doom Must answer me these questions 3.....or something like that.

1...As its a sunny day are you wearing sun glasses?Ive got avrifolcals what adifference it makes to the display.

2. I couldn't understand why during the summer you dont park in long grass....I thought everyone did.....Apperently due to excessive heat in the CAT it can set dry grass on fire very easy.

3.Do you really need to remove the bumper...Replacing rads on my 2 166's Instruction say remove headlamps n bumper....Too dificuly I just located bolts thro the wire mesh in bumper changed rad without going near headlamps n bumper.

Hope this may be of slight assistance.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT