Warning to gt buyers - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Gold Member
County: -
Re: Warning to gt buyers

Just come to this thread Phil and I'm gutted for you

I hope you're GT turns up undamaged soon. I know there have been a couple stolen on here and IIRC they turned up undamaged a short while later.

The very best of luck to you.
Sponsored Links
AO Member

Member car:

I expect the atmosphere at home was a trifle tense when your wife told you the news!
I am so sorry to hear about this and hope the person who did this to you gets their just deserts. Let's hope the jails are not too full to accomodate them when the time comes.
AO Gold Member
County: Lincolnshire

Oh man!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bad news or what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cant u smash your window in your house and says your keys got knicked oooooooopps i never said that!

Any pics..miles etc..........Im on the hint for you now!...........might be a good idea to look in www.findit.co.uk

Although there is a blue GT for sale 10k with 93k in the alfa forsale section on this site - is that yours?...

(Post Link) post #29 of 32 Old 06-02-07 Thread Starter

Member car:

alfa romeo gt

Things do seem to be looking up.Even the though the car is still awol,i had a visit from the loss adjuster from the insurance company.She said that it looked like a reasonable claim in the circumstances considering the amount of time the car was left,the area being quiet and the fact my wife was never more than 8 meters from the car.Apparently the insurance company have to prove unreasonable negligence to decline a claim.Fingers still well and truely crossed though.
Mark Alfa

Hope you get it sorted soon Phil
AO Member

Came home really happy as my car will be back with me this week with new engine, sat down for trawl a on the site and saw this.

My God and I think I had bad luck. I'm so sorry for you and your better half. Like someone else said "Sick to stomach".

Nice so see good advice coming to you both.

Let us all know how it turns out. For me and mine no more unattended breakfast warm ups.

All the best

AO Member

Member car:

Golf GTi ED30

Sorry to hear about the theft Phil.

I'm sure we all like to get into a warm defrosted car on an icy morning, and why shouldn’t we. When I had my WRX I used to set the turbo timer for 10 mins to keep the engine running and then lock the doors (you don't need a key in the ignition). This worked a treat. So I rather missed the Turbo Timer when I changed cars. But then I would just use my spare set of keys to lock the car whilst the other set was in the car with engine running. This will hopefully deter the opportunist thief and is surely a lot safer. And I because you have locked the car the insurance company cannot surely claim negligence.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

buyers , warning